Photo Ionization Detector (PID) for online tar monitoring:
The online measurement includes a PID, providing a signal corresponding to the total amount of tar in a gas flow.
The PID method is currently under development together with KTH and partners in the industry.
Patents for applying PID in gasification have been filed. The general features and benefits of the future
released PID products are as follows:
- They are non-destructible
- They are suitable for more comprehensive analyses of the gas composition, compared to competing technologies
- The product can be used in continuous processes
- Optimized process control and diagnostics
- Improved energy efficiency Optimized regeneration of processes
- Shorter lead time when changing feedstock for the process
- Minimize unplanned production stops